Hi Pierre,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Please suggest better/right way. Having namespace is not alternative for
> > having consistent names.
>
> I think I did, and many other. But you seem to be convinced that
> consistency in names is the top priority and will suddenly make these
> APIs easier to use. I think we should agree to disagree and move to
> vote. I do not see any value in this discussion since quite some time,
> it is hair splitting solutions for naming, namespace, etc while not
> having an agreement on how and where to do it, except the std C names.

I agree namespace can be used to fix naming/parameter issues with zero BC.
What I'm saying here is

 We need new name function (and documentations/codes update) anyway

We may provide new names and new parameter order in new namespace.
The difference is "alias" or "namespace" basically. I don't object to use
namespace for it at all. In fact, I would love to have it even if there is
issue
like writing extremely difficult to read code is possible.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net