Hi!

> The issue targeted here is "two extensions overriding php_error_cb can't
> live side by side" and that issue exists since PHP 4.0. Should a bug report
> be opened?

I'm not sure why can't they live side by side. Of course, if the
override is made in incompatible manner, they can't, but the same is
true with proposed API - i.e., one extension can boot all other
extension's hooks with zend_clear_error_hook, potentially breaking all
other extension's functionality.

> We believe that having an extension that additionally hooks in the error
> handler mechanism (aside Xdebug) would be of a great help to migrate from
> PHP 5.x to 7.0.

While I agree with the first part, I'm not sure what makes it vital for
7.0 - as it doesn't introduce BC breaks, is this really important to
have it in major version? Also not sure how it would help migration - if
anything, new API means *more* work when migrating, not less.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com