On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 19:17 +0000, Dor Tchizik wrote:
> Now, I get that the RFC process in PHP is different, but why is it that to
> even GET on the mailing list one needs to go through seven hells, only to
> be in the discussion (often completely irrelevant to what he's trying to
> do) for several weeks or months, to get Karma, and only then may he submit
> an RFC? Why can't someone just open an issue, and have an RFC up and ready
> the next day (or even the next week)?

For one: He can. He can submit a pull request via github or FR in
bugs.php.net. He can also send a mail to internals@ without subscribing.
due to "Reply-to-all" he will be part of the discussion around it. But
we want active contributors with an interest in the system. A
programming language isn't developed by looking at items in separation
but things interact with each other (yes, adding a library function here
or there to PHP can be looked at in some isolation, most things however
not)

johannes