On 2 August 2015 23:35:38 GMT+01:00, Marcio Almada <marcio.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>This is their email announce the end of their mailing list back in
>2015
>https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2015-January/011558.html

Amusingly, the first reply to that is someone trying to set up an email gateway
to the forum because they like their current workflow...

It's certainly worth considering a forum rather than e-mail if there's real
evidence of advantages, though. The challenge then would be to figure out what
to use - let's not pick something trendy and list "features" like infinite
scroll and markdown, but actually think about what benefits of the ML we want
to preserve, and what we want to fix.

So, for starters, we need something with a low barrier to entry, easy to keep
track of what's new, with good search support, a decent threading and
sub-threading system... I'm sure we could come up with a shopping list and
evaluate systems against it.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins