On 08/02/2015 08:29 AM, Rowan Collins wrote:
On 2 August 2015 13:54:46 BST, Niklas Keller <m...@kelunik.com> wrote:
We're discussing issues here, so what's wrong with an issue tracker?

No, we're discussing every aspect of the project, from release  management to
personal introductions.

I agree with this, and that's why the GitHub issue tracker doesn't make much sense as a mailing list alternative. Not that I'm against the GitHub issue tracker -- it would serve better as a replacement to <http://bugs.php.net>, which is a different discussion (and there's not really anything wrong with the current bug tracker).

A forum is the correct alternative to a mailing list, if we were looking for an alternative.

--
Stephen Coakley