Hi,

> Hello internals friends!
>
> I'd like to open a discussion on the RFC to allow trailing commas in
> function arguments.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/revisit-trailing-comma-function-args
>
> Discuss! :)
>
> Thanks,
> Sammy Kaye Powers
> sammyk.me

Sammy, I think this proposal is too narrow. If we are going to bother
to change the language, then let's do it consistently and allow
trailing commas on all lists in the grammar. These are the ones on
mind right now:

- use declarations
- group use declarations
- function call argument list
- class member lists (both constants and properties)
- argument list declarations
- arrays (already allowed)

As exemplified in this gist:
https://gist.github.com/marcioAlmada/75f8f1d47da5dcac2e57

Why? Because it prevents a reality where each PHP minor version
introduces trailing commas in a new different place, hurting code
portability. Because it couldn't get more consistent. And more
importantly: because we would get rid of this discussion about
trailing commas, forever j/k :)

ty,
Márcio