Hi!

> right.
> I don't see any reasons for types, if they are not guaranteed anyway.

Well, we already have parameter types, and they are not guaranteed
either - you can reassign variables.

> This depends on use case.
> Just imagine matrix multiplication (or something similar).
> Few additional instructions would decrease the speed significantly.

I think this is a very narrow use case. If somebody does large data
processing (like large matrix multiplication) in pure PHP, they are
doing it wrong anyway. So trying to optimize for their use case I think
is not a high priority. I would say for any typical PHP app cost of one
unexpected branch is negligible.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com