PHP method compatibility rules didn't take into account default values of
arguments.
Adding new rule is not just a bug fix, and breaks existing code.

From: Bob Weinand <bobw...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:12:54 PM
To: Dmitry Stogov
Cc: Anatol Belski; Joe Watkins; internals; Levi Morrison
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Request to withdraw RFC's for nullable types for only
return values

Yeah,
It's a BC break; hence I've accepted it being reverted from 7.0.
I've only put the fix back in 7.1 thus.

Or is it your opinion that we shall hold a formal RFC vote for a glaring bug?
That sounds pretty much like a waste of everyones time to me. RFC votes IMO are
for cases where we don't have clear consensus. Or is really anyone disputing
this fix?

Bob Weinand (iPhone)