On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:04:51AM +0100, Tony Marston wrote:

> >The light bulb was invented by an English man (Joseph Swan), the
> >television by a
> >Scott (John Logie Baird); so should the Brits and Scots be the
> >ones that define
> >light bulb and TV standards to suit their convenience ?
> >

> Don't be silly. Neither light bulbs nor television sets are affected
> by which case is used in which character set.

> >>Because the English-speaking world invented both computers and the
> >>languages used to program them.
> >
> >It was a German that invented binary, so my suggestion is to devolve all
> >future decisions to the Germans.
>
> Binary coding is not affected by changes in case so this argument is bogus.

I think that both Rowan Collins & I agree on that point. We were commenting on
your assertion:

> >>Because the English-speaking world invented both computers and the
> >>languages used to program them.

Thus because we are English speaking we do not have a special position to
dictate the development of computers and languages -- especially as it affects
non-English speakers.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT