""Christoph M. Becker"" wrote in message news:98ab178e-b999-7e36-5ff5-7b8c28fe0...@gmx.de...

On 14.09.2017 at 14:59, Tony Marston wrote:

Introducing case sensitivity into what is mostly a case-insensitive
world just for the convenience of a few programmers I do not consider to
be acceptable. It would cause more problems for far more people than the
insignificant few who insist on using obscure character sets. Why should
the English-speaking world be forced to suffer just because some minor
languages cannot handle case folding?

This is not about an "insignificant few who insist on using obscure
character sets", but rather about a language spoken by millions of
people which has to "I" characters, namely dotted and dotless "I".
Rather consistently, the dotless "I"'s lower-case variant is "i", and
the dotted "I"'s lower-case variant is "i".  There you go.

The number of people in the world who use character sets which do not have this problem far outnumber those who use character sets which do have this problem. People without this problem far outnumber the others, so it would not be a good idea to inconvenience the many just to satisfy the few.

--
Tony Marston