Hey all.

Am 07.11.17 um 14:48 schrieb Eli White:
> Just chiming in that I have constantly had issues (since you asked for
> hands), get emails denied (let's see if this one goes through), and
> semi-constant threads of being auto-removed because of bounces that have
> nothing to do with me (see above gmail discussion).
>
> Yeah, it sucks.  And it's been brought up in the past.  And invariably it
> all falls back to "Oh, only one person really knew how to maintain that
> random mail server and they aren't active anymore, and now no-one really
> does, so it just keeps running and no-one wants to take the effort to try
> to update/fix/move it"

Just a reminder: There where offers from people to help out (me
included) but the response was <sarcasm>so overwhelming that not one of
them knew which answer to read first</sarcasm> …

When people offer help and the only reply they get is no reply at all
that is not really a good thing to happen. So should PHP-internals want
other people than the current usual suspects (that only a limited number
of people by now know of) to help managing the infrastructure it would
be great when they'd at least signal a "thanks, offer noted, we might
come back to you". Even better with actually getting back…

But as it is currently the chances are that we will have to live with a
messy list-server and over time probably move somewhere else for
discussions as the old system becomes more and more unreliable…

Just my (frustrated) 0.02€

Cheers

Andreas