On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Peter Lind <peter.e.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Might be worth noting that fixing the mailing lists does not amount to
> taking on the php.net mail servers. The two are separate - just in case
> someone should be up for one, but not both tasks.

In this case I believe that they are one and the same Peter.   As the
issues with the mailing list(s), are actually issues with the mail server
itself.    And Andreas is correct.   Multiple times in the past people have
stepped up and offered to help out.  But they've either not been given any
information how to do so (silence).  Or in a couple cases where I know
someone was brought into discussion, they were shipped off with a 'talk to
person X', and person X ended up being "don't need help, I've got it".

Really seems we have an issue here of "failure of democratic rule".  No-one
is empowered to tell someone that they can take it on.  No-one even knows
who/how to give access to someone to take it on.  And in the rare case that
someone does have the ability to give someone access, it's never granted.

We need a way for infrastructure stuff like like to have a solid point
person, who can give others power to handle things.   Sounds like we have
some people willing to help out.   (Andreas?  Sara?) — People just need to
give them access and let things happen.

Eli