Am 08.11.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Sara Golemon:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
>> So please send your volunteer requests there, but not just a generic offer
>> to help. Please include a concrete description of what you plan on doing.
>> As in which software or configuration changes. If it is just replace ezmlm
>> with Mailman, then you are going to have to make a really really strong
>> case for why you think a sideways migration like that will make any
>> difference. It is also important to understand the difference between the
>> list server and the mail server responsibilities.
> Without any generally available information about the existing email
> infrastructure, it's hard to make targeted comments about how to fix
> what is obviously broken with this system which literally nobody with
> the ability to fix cares about.  That means a either a conversation
> (which should be a shared experience (therefore internals@) or an
> essentially open request for "I'd like to help, but I'll need the
> ability to poke around to figure out wtf is going on".
The problem seems to be the mailing list software, not the mail server.
Mail servers just transfer bytes from A to B.

The PHP mailing list software is not configured DMARC compliant. DMARC
means, either SPF or DKIM has to be valid. The PHP mailing list changes
the Subject (it adds [PHP-xxxx]), that's why the DKIM signature breaks.
SPF breaks, because Gmail and others don't include the IP address of the
PHP mailing list mailserver in their SPF records. So SPF also fails.

Easiest fix should be:
- Don't touch the email, especially don't change the Subject. Then the
DKIM signature stays valid, and DMARC is happy.

Maybe the better way:
- Change the From:-Header to an email address that php.net owns, and put
the original email address into the displayname. Like:
<members-intern...@lists.php.net>
- Remove existing (now broken) DKIM-Signatures, and add php.net own DKIM
signature (alternative: change to X-Original-DKIM-Signature)
- Set the original From: email address into Reply-To: if you want
- Because now it's "your" email, you can change the Subject + content as
you like.

Obviously the mailing list software has to support this procedure.
In MailMan for example you can configure this with some settings:
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC
For ezmlm there seems to be something in 7.2.0:
https://untroubled.org/ezmlm/archive/7.2.0/CHANGES
 "- Added optional rewritefrom feature to ezmlm-send, automatically
enabled when the sender has a "reject" DMARC policy."

Hope this helps to see, that it has to be fixed in the mailing list
software, not the mailserver.

Michael