On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:38 AM Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have we ever considered automating these social media posts?  Not just
> Twitter, but Reddit, as well.   A bot could be setup to monitor for
> announcements and repost them to social media without it having to be done
> manually.
>
> It's not a terrible idea. We've got an API to list current releases....
somewhere (if not, making one is trivial given our data structures).
Having a cron job live somewhere with an API key is a small step from
there.

The hard part is deciding on the text.  For example, "this is a security
(or bugfix) release" is salient.  Personally, I quite enjoy giving
flavorful announcements.  Lastly, there's noise; I think that usually we'll
want these to be batched, and each branch has a different RM (except when
I'm doing 7.1 for joe).

-Sara