I can do some design, I designed the UI of CakePHP framework generators in
2015. You can see the whole process here:
https://github.com/cakephp/cakephp/issues/6679

We should not rely on any css, js or html framework in my opinion. But it's up
to you.

For layout, CSS Grid and Flexbox is more than enough and would be future proof,
but should be tested and polyfilled.

A lot of cross browser testing will be needed.

Cheers,
Midori

On 04/02/2019, 02:03, "Levi Morrison" <le...@php.net> wrote:

    On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 5:15 PM azjezz <azj...@protonmail.com> wrote:

    > Hello Internals !
    >
    > As @official_php suggested [1], I'm here to propose a new website for the
PHP Project.

    > In my opinion, current design looks old, outdated and bland. This sadly
may reflect "badly" on the language

    > reputation nowadays.
    >
    > New comers find it hard to go around the website, to write "comments",
report issues or write RFCs.

    > Even signing up for the internals mailing list wasn't an easy task [2].
    >
    > Since the development of PHP 8.0 has started, I think its a good idea to
start working on a new website.

    > # Global proposal
    >
    > The proposal here is to do a major rewrite of the PHP sites. This rewrite
would includes php.net, windows.php.net,

    > bug.php.net, wiki.php.net, qa.php.net and other official php websites.
    >
    > It would be done with this in mind:
    >
    > * No PHP framework (to avoid favoriting one)
    >
    > * Keep it simple: little to no changes to the database structures
    >
    > * This site should look modern, simple and feel welcoming.
    >
    > * A new home page, not a "news" page, but a page simply showing the PHP
Logo, a code example maybe and

    > the download link [3].
    >
    > * A new community website [4], it can be a place for people to ask
questions and discuss php in general - no one uses IRC anymore.

    > * Single account: Users should be able to use the same community account
to file bugs, create a new RFC (depending on karma) and leave notes on the
documentation.

    > * Ideally all *.php.net websites would be "merged" into a single brand
new website, but I'm not sure about the hosting

    > specificities (eg, what server does what).
    >
    > # FrontEnd Framework
    >
    > We don't need that too, but we can use one ! there's some light-weight
options out there.

    > but i'm pretty sure some people in the php community have experience with
front-end development and will happily contribute.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/762e5d9fcaaa4ecf645343350a91929f99f452e9/68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f584477675261662e706e67

    > [4] https://php.net/community
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Saif Eddin Gmati <https://azjezz.github.io>

    I appreciate the enthusiasm. If you think the current PHP website is
    old, out-dated, and bland, you must have not experienced the previous
    one:

https://i2.wp.com/www.geekgumbo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/phpsite45.png

    In any case, I hope you realize this is an ambitious project. It will
    take a very long time to build a cohesive UI, and then also a very
    long time to update the bugs, windows, docs, wiki, etc, websites to
    use it. If you are seriously committed to this, then the next step is
    to create mock-ups for every type of page across PHP.net that you can
    find, and to share them on the PHP Webmasters mailing list (which I've
    cc'd). Then, we'll probably give you a few more pages that needs
    mocks, after which you will then have to attempt to build the mock-ups
    in a few different codebases.

    I did the last redesign, and I took a less rigorous approach. If I
    were to do it again, I would be much more rigorous in gathering
    requirements and building mock-ups. There were a lot of pages which
    needed re-worked because of my design, which took even more time.
    While it's okay for some pages to be re-worked content-wise to fit the
    new design, you want to minimize it.