> A 68% majority which barely clears the 2/3 requirements for something as
> fundamental as that - with so many core devs against it - we'll deserve all
> the
> criticism that will be coming our way in 7.4/8.0 from end users wondering why
> we needlessly broke their apps and made migration a bit more of a headache.

It's quite interesting to check the karma levels for the voters (might be on a
slippery slope here but it feels a bit unfair that someone with just a
documentation karma (or no karma at all (at least according to wiki.php.net))
has the same weight on a core option getting removed).

p.s. at least for the deprecation stage for 7.4 the revert patch is simple

rr