On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 14:57, Christoph M. Becker <cmbecke...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Indeed, it seems that pdo_firebird requires to connect to an existing
> database, contrary to e.g. pdo_mysql which supports DSN like
> `mysql:host=localhost`, to my knowledge.

Postgres works the same way - a connection is always to a single database,
so you cannot have a DSN which doesn't specify one. Default installations
now ship with an empty database called "postgres" to run administration
commands like "CREATE DATABASE" on.

Glancing that the ext/pgsql and ext/pdo_pgsql tests, though, it looks like
we just require the user to have run "createdb test" before running the
test suite.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins