Why does/should it bug you? The statements aren't contradictory.
There are (must be) a lot of features which a particular language developer
might not use (or even find ridiculous) himself personally but those still have
been implemented historically or for future use for other users/clients etc.

> Did anyone in this discussion stated that he was using them?

Yes.

rr