Sorry for the long wait; I had other compilation problems (I inform briefly
about that).

> You could, again, try reversing the order of the
> finalise_focus and
> sendmsg in the TAKE_FOCUS branch of the clientwin focus
> function.

  That didn't work; with JDK 1.7 it still fails. It must be due to something
new of JDK 1.7 since earlier versions work now.
  Your patch fixed the focus loss in Java 1.6 but makes Java 1.7 applications
not receive focus; it is a bug for a bug but I think Java 1.6 apps are more
important right now; so I will start using it.

-- Daniel