On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Jim Farrand wrote:

> Aha, yeah that works.  I'd previously tried to apt-get remove ion-devel,
> removed sid from my sources and done apt-get install ion-devel been told
> that no version existed, which confused me into thinking the packages
> had from testing already.

I find that it's usually easier to just check which versions are available
and do something like "apt-get install ion-devel=0.0.20030327-2".

> > I really ought to fix the dock.
>
> That would make me happy.  :)
>
> What needs doing to it?  If it's likely to be relatively easy to fix,
> and you point me in the right direction, I could have a go.
>
> I guess it's not simple though, or someone would have done it already.

Auto-docking has to be fixed, the bar mode has to be reimplemented
(preferably with the bug that changes frame dimensions fixed), the dock
window should be drawn, things have to work... etc.

You can get my current work from
<http://dsv.su.se/~pelle/ion-devel-dock.tar.gz>. It builds but is only
half-working. At least gkrellm docks but the size is wrong. Help is very
much appreciated, but please let me know so we don't duplicate our
efforts.

Reply via email to