From: Wouter van der Beek (wovander) [mailto:wovan...@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 6:53 PM
To: Christian Gran; Gregg Reynolds; 최우제(Uze Choi); Maloor, Kishen;
iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org
Subject: RE: [dev] API proposal for better userability in IoTivity Lite.

Just a thought.

We can have different code generators on top of the API.

The differences are then in the generated code (application layers).

For example:

One template can be with mutexes on all the callbacks since the code will be
used in an threaded environment.

Other template can be without mutexes, since the code will run in an single
thread.

This approach also keeps the API/code to a minimum set to pass CTT validation.

The only resources that needs to be in the stack itself are the mandatory
resources that make up the device/client.

All other resources should be in the application layer and the APIs should be
sufficient of level to create all wanted resources.

Hope this helps,

Wouter