If memory serves me right, Marcel wrote:

> I'm trying to do an iperf3 test using a Huawei ME909 wwan modem on a
> raspberry pi zero w.
>
> I use the command as iperf3 -c 12.12.12.12 -t 3 -p 5201 -B 12.34.56.78
>
> where 12.12.12.12 is the ip of the server machine and 12.34.56.78 is the
> ip of the Huawei modem.
>
> With this command, I get a timeout error, but when I ommit the -B part
> with the ip of the modem, iperf3 uses the wlan0 interface and behaves
> normally.
>
> I should also mention that I connected the modem with AT commands
> (AT+COPS, AT^NDISDUP) and when I do a ping over that interface it also
> behaves as expected, but when I use a package size over 1300 for ping, I
> also get a timeout error.
>
> I'm quite new to this kind of stuff, so I would appreciate any help!

Hi Marcel--

Hmmm...I don't completely understand the networking setup, but the
argument to -B is supposed to be the address of the network interface on
the iperf3 client machine that you want to bind to.  So you're saying
the Huawei modem presents an IP network interface with the address
12.34.56.78 (I presume that's not the real address, which is fine).

Any chance you can do "ip addr" (or the equivalent) for this interface?
I'd like to check if the address assigned is really the same as what
you're giving in the "-B" parameter to iperf3.  Also you can see the MTU
for the link (might help with the ping issue you mentioned).

While the test is running you might be able to (from another window) use
"netstat -an" as additional verification of the local address being used.

Bruce.