From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of rajendra kumar
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:57 AM
To: ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Ipmitool-devel] KCS Driver Problem...

Hi all,
I am trying to configure IPMI on Dell 2850 machine with 2.4.32.ES3b kernel running on it. I have successfully installed IPMItool on it.
Now I know i need to install following modules in Linux:
- ipmi_msghandler
- ipmi_devintf
- ipmi_kcs_drv
I have installed the first two modules also, but not able to install ipmi_kcs_drv.
Following is, what i got when tried to install ipmi_kcs_drv :

$ insmod ipmi_kcs_drv
Using /lib/modules/2.4.32-ES3b/kernel/drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_kcs_drv.o
/lib/modules/2.4.32-ES3b/kernel/drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_kcs_drv.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

I am not able to figure out, what the problem is? Why ipmi_kcs_drv is giving me problem in installing when ipmi_msghandler and ipmi_devintf have been installed successfully?

Can anyone kindly help me, how can i installed KCS driver??  Anyone?

Thanks and Regards,
Rajendra