Hi,

Folks, have you looked over the small patches John posted on 2/22?
The first one is a big endian fix and the second one is a change to
ipmievd to use LOG_DAEMON.

IMHO, these are very small patches but what with it being the 11th
hour on the 1.8.9 release, it might be good if Francois Isabelle took
a look at the first one since he's made other big endian changes since
the 1/24 tarball.

The second one I think I would personally prefer if it were posted
after 1.8.9 since I don't really know what all the ramifications could
be to changing LOG_LOCAL4 to LOG_DAEMON.  ipmitool is supported on
many different distros and there might be some distros or applications
who could have an issue with that change.  It might be better to have
some longer-term exposure to that change before committing it to an
official release.  Also, changes to the README and ipmievd.8 files
should be made as well to reflect that change.

Anyway, that's my $.02. :-)

Thanks,

Carol Hebert