Hi everyone-

This is a repost of a previous HTML email.

I'm developing a product that does not have an IPMB, but still uses a
mostly-IPMI compliant BMC for management. I'm able to use IPMItool to
establish IPMI-over-LAN and SOL sessions and have full functionality
over the KCS interface. However, the sensor command does not work over
an IPMI-over-LAN session.

The sdr command uses ipmi_sdr_get_sensor_reading to read the sensor
readings, but the sensor command uses ipmi_sdr_get_sensor_reading_ipmb
to do the same function. Changing the ipmi_sdr_get_sensor_reading_ipmb
calls to ipmi_sdr_get_sensor_reading calls fixes the problem for me, so
I was hoping this was something that could be incorporated into a future
release.

Is there a reason for using the _ipmb function? If not, is it reasonable
to change the function calls in ipmi_sensor.c to
ipmi_sdr_get_sensor_reading? Below is the updated ipmi_sensor.c code if
you would like to check it out.

Lines 101-107:
        /*
         * Get current reading