Hi Dick, Andy,

> since all IPMI 2.0 implementations are required to support
> the 1.5 LAN protocol as well.

While required by the IPMI specification, there is atleast 1 major
vendor (for some version of a product line) where this was not true.
They supported IPMI 2.0 but not IPMI 1.5.

So depending on your app you may want to keep that in mind for potential
portability issues.  However, it's such a small case, it's probably no
big deal if you ignored it.

Al

Albert Chu
ch...@llnl.gov