From: Detweiler, Dick [mailto:dick.detwei...@avocent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:19 PM
To: Detweiler, Dick; ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] RAKP Insufficient Resources response
fromaniDRACm610 blade...

Having dug a little deeper into the IPMI spec, I note that the resource
problem is generated at the very beginning of ipmitool establishing a
session as the managed system sends the error in its RAKP message 2
response.  The spec says 'On error, the remote console can attempt to
correct the error.

Can or does ipmitool attempt to correct a resource issue? Can I alter
its behavior via flags or other methods of invoking ipmitool?  Is there
something I can do before sending an ipmitool fru print command to free
resources on the managed system?  For instance, I notice there is a
'Clear Message Flags' command that talks about clearing 'the associated
buffer full / message available flags' and flushing 'unread data from
the Receive Message Queue or Event Message Buffer'.   Can this command
help free resources on a managed system?  Can I use ipmitool to invoke
it?

Thanks for your time,
Dick