From: Jan Safranek [mailto:jsafr...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:21 AM
To: Francois Isabelle
Cc: ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] Broken sensors on Dell 1855 blade server

Hi,

I've got many reports from customers that ipmitool 1.8.11 is not reading
sensors on their HW, while the older version was working - see quoted
mails below.

Now I really need to fix it. In [1] you mention "I think that we might
generalise the 'PICMG extension' tweak already in the OpenIPMI plugin" -
can you please elaborate on that? I am willing to help with the code, if
someone explains me what needs to be done.

[1]:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=C2866F9FC4CB034EB51A633DF16859860553CE1E%40ssbarcelone.teknor.com&forum_name=ipmitool-devel

So far I got an idea to disable bridging by command line option (let's
say '-n') and sending all requests to BMC (i.e. using
IPMI_SYSTEM_INTERFACE_ADDR_TYPE and IPMI_BMC_CHANNEL), like it was in
the old and working version. Of course, the option would work in
plugins/open interface, lan and lanplus would work as they are now.

What do you say? Is '-n' acceptable solution?

Thanks in advance

Jan