Hey Andy,

Your comments made me think of something.

I believe the only other piece of information (besides the slave address
in the packet header) that determines what sensor is read is the sensor
number.  Sensor numbers can be duplicated per owner id.  So if you
simply assume the owner to be the BMC (even if the owner id is different
in the SDR), isn't it possible you are reading a different sensor
entirely??  How can you be sure if you're reading the right sensor
reading??

It doesn't sound like something that should be the default case.

Al

Albert Chu
ch...@llnl.gov
Computer Scientist