Did you build/compile your own version of ipmitool or are you using a binary
package from your O/S vendor? Did you update the O/S on the system where
ipmitool is running, and/or the BMC firmware?
What happens if you temporarily switch back to IPMI 1.5 (-I lan instead of -I
lanplus) in your scripts?

Thanks,
Holger