Hello Daniel,

One minor typo: "PRF_AES128_CBC has been downgraded from SHOULD in RFC4307”
should be "PRF_AES128_CBC has been downgraded from SHOULD+ in RFC4307"

On a broader note, many of the SHOULD algorithms (ENCR_AES_CCM_8,
PRF_AES128_CBC, AUTH_AES-XCBC) are justified as being present for the purposes
of Internet of Things devices. I tend to think that it would be more
straightforward to have a separate document that explains the preferred
algorithms for IoT devices (an IKEv2 profile for IoT, for example). However, if
we do want to keep them in this document, I think it would help to have a
section in the introduction to the document explaining the use case for the IoT
devices and why they are now included in the bis document, whereas they were
not relevant yet in RFC 4307. It may also be helpful to qualify the SHOULDs as
pertaining more, perhaps, to servers; traditional VPN clients would generally
not be interacting with IoT devices directly, and thus would have little reason
to implement these algorithms.

Thanks,
Tommy