Hi John,

Thank you for your inputs. In order to update the document any further I
would like to get feed backs from the WG. Please provide your comments so I
can update the document appropriately next week.

1) MTI?
Are there any opinion to replace Mandatory to implement by something like
"Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance"or close to. This
designation seems more in scope with the different status.

2) 1024-bit MODP SHOULD NOT- ?
The current draft set 1024-bit MODP Group as SHOULD NOT with the following
explanation:

"""Group 2 or 1024-bit MODP Group is downgraded from MUST- to SHOULD NOT.
It was specified earlier, and now it is known to be weak against a nation
state attack, so its security margin is considered too narrow."""

My understanding from the discussion at the IETF94 was that we are trying
to avoid the +/- notation but instead clarify the status with some
additional text. The current version only use the +/- notation for
AUTH_HMAC_SHA2_512_256
SHOULD+. Here are my question for the WG:
    a) Do we want to keep the notation +/- ?
    b) if not would people agree with AUTH_HMAC_SHA2_512_256 set to SHOULD

Depending on the above outputs, are there any opinion for:
   c) Changing the status from SHOULD NOT to SHOULD NOT + ?
   d) Explicitely mentionning in the text that we expect it to downgraded
to MUST NOT in the near future.

3) +/- notations?
If we keep the +/- notations, I agree we should define +/- only.I will
change that unless some people think it is a bad idea.

4) Curve25519 ?
Curve25519 is by default set to MAY. If we still have the -/+ notation
would people agree to have MAY+ for its status. If I remember correctly, we
did not mentionned Curve25519 to SHOULD as it is not yet widely deployed.
By default all non mentioned algorithms are set to MAY. Maybe having MAY+
would be good alternative to show what we expect next and enable
implementer to anticipate. Here are my questions:
    e) Should we upgrade Curve25519 to MAY+?

BR,
Daniel