Folks,

In the first version of this draft, we leveraged IKE to exchange messages. And
provided with a good enough reason, we might go back to that position!

We moved away from IKE for the following reasons:

- The path between the encrypting and decrypting nodes might include ECMP. If
so, IKE messages might take a different path than actual encrypted data
- The current method provides the same level of protection as IKE and possibly
better performance
- The current doesn't require changes to IKE

Are these reasonable assumptions. If not, we would be happy to return to the
IKE solution.

                                                           Ron