Paul Wouters writes:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2022, Tero Kivinen wrote:
>
> > So having few words here for mobike case would be useful too.
> > Especially pointing out that this is not specific to the TCP
> > encapsulation, this is generic thing that is done when using mobike
> > regardless whether you use TCP or not..
>
> There was some talk from I think Antony and Valery that we should have
> a clarification document on some MSGID issues that is a superset of the
> TCP problems.

The mobike is written in such way that it uses the latest IKEv2
message as a probe and uses that latest message to find the working
connection between devices. This just so that we can use the normal
message id properties, i.e., every single request has unique message
id (along with initiator flag) and has singe response and if there are
retransmissions those requests and responses are all bitwise
identical.

So mebike will retransmit its latest IKEv2 request over different
paths, even when it knows the information there might already be
stale, as the for example the IP adress might have changed in address
update. When it finds a working path, it will immediately restart
address update to make update the other end with proper latest
information.

I have no idea what message id issues you are referencing to...