On 10.10.2016 15:29, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

So I did some more investigation. I had missed that I needed to use /renew6 and /release6 before.

Now I have 10 minute lease time.

5 minutes into the lease time, I can /renew6 the lease successfully and get 10 more minutes leasetime.

around 2-3 minutes before the lease-time expires I see that Win10 has marked the IA_NA as (deprecated), I try to do "/renew6" I get the following error:

"An error has occured while renewing interface Ethernet: The semaphore timeout period has expired".

This renew fails. If I now ctrl-c this /renew6 and run /renew6 again, the renew succeeds and the address is back again as (preferred) and the lease time is 10 minutes.
These are the exact same obervations I have done so far.

I also have a Ubuntu 16.04 box that won't keep its lease either... so I don't know what's going on. Will look further.

Harald, what DHCPv6 server are you using?

I run my DHCPv6 server on a Juniper SRX220 with Junos 12.1X46-D55.

--
Harald