From: ipv6-ops-bounces+mkeane=microsoft....@lists.cluenet.de
[mailto:ipv6-ops-bounces+mkeane=microsoft....@lists.cluenet.de] On Behalf Of
Harald F. Karlsen
Sent: 10 October 2016 09:15
To: ipv6-ops@lists.cluenet.de
Subject: DHCPv6 client in Windows 10 broken after anniversary update

Hi,

It seems like Microsoft somehow broke DHCPv6 client functionality in the
Windows 10 anniversary update and now neither stateful nor stateless
DHCPv6 functionality works unless you manually issue "ipconfig /renew6"
(for stateful DHCPv6 this will only give you IPv6-connectivity untill the lease
expires).

This is generally not a big issue for dual-stacked residential customers as
most CPEs does SLAAC on the LAN-side, but the Win10 clients will not recieve
DNS from DHCP if the CPE is configured for that. For enterprise networks on the
other hand this can be a big issue. Especially when running FHS and no SLAAC.

Have anyone on the list experienced issues with this yet? If so, have you
contacted Microsoft and what did they say? I've found reports on this issue
dating back from early august so it's strange that Microsoft have not yet
issued a fix for it.

--
Harald