From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 9:27 PM
To: irca@hard-core-dx.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [IRCA] More coax experiments

I went back out tonight after tuning in KFI 640 and I could hear
something u/KFI off the Eastern beverage. I tried the test again with
grounding the far end of the coax at the matching transformer. KFI got
weaker and the station(s) behind KFI were more there. I am beginning to
really feel that the coax indeed is affecting the directional pattern of
the antennas. But what to do about it.? I can run anything under the
house, but the last 6-8 feet has to be buried, so open wire probably is
not an option. I yes I could run coax and ground the shield every few
feet. That might help, but it is alot of extra work. I wonder if there
is coax out there that has no extra pickup? It must be the shielding.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager