At 08:04 PM 1/29/2009, you wrote:
>KAZ,
>
>Thanks! I think the NE EWE will work out well too. The only problem I
>see, is the NE downlead for the new EWE runs quite close to the
>Horizontal piece on the SW EWE. Like a couple or three feet apart, it
>looks like. I hope there is no interreaction with the two being so
>close? But the downleads on both the NW & SW EWE's run close to each
>other too and I don't see any issues there. I only have the room I have,
>so I have to do with what I have. hi.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

My take home on all of this is that there's a lot of leeway in antenna design
and construction, and that often large deviations from the "official" designs
will work every bit as well as the original.  I've often ran Beverages and BOGs
with the odd zig or zag and  dip, and they've performed flawlessly.  Conti
corner fed loops work great with virtually any variation of vertical or
horizontal dimensions, and any type of matching transformers.  The bottom line,
experiment and choose the best for your situation.  The EWE may indeed be the
best solely based on your unique ground situation there, Patrick......Walt.