Re: 1161....I think guys in the east have been reporting Iran. Egypt has a station there also, which could be possible but reportadely beams southward towards Cairo. If Iran, it is almost 0300 and one would expect it to be faded by now while Egypt would still be in and for a good hour or so. I used to get Bulgaria on 1161 from ME 25 years ago. The Spaniard on 1161 has moved so I need to work 1161 from WI next time.
1161 is hit hard here in IL by a local.

73 KAZ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nigel Pimblett" <n...@shaw.ca> To: "Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America" <irca@hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:29 PM
Subject: [IRCA] TAs in Alberta

Just a quick alert to those of you further west - TAs are happening
again.    Not getting a lot of strong audio, but a fair number with
lower level audio.  Oddly, one of the strongest signals is the Koran on
1161, which I'm guessing is Iran, and not one I've ever logged before.
Farda doing well on 1575, and presumed Radio Sawa from Kuwait on 1548
pretty good also.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta