These guys Farda and Sawa are experiencing sunrise around 0200 or 0230 this time of year so that is still a tad early for Victoria but it is pitch black dark in AB then. Soooo... wait a couple of weeks.

I am waiting a few weeks so I don't have to stay up so late to try to get a positive on AK on 750 and in Dec I don't have to stay up too late for Japan.

Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TAs in Alberta

At 06:29 PM 10/7/2009, you wrote:
Just a quick alert to those of you further west - TAs are happening again. Not getting a lot of strong audio, but a fair number with lower level audio. Oddly, one of the strongest signals is the Koran on 1161, which I'm guessing is Iran, and not one I've ever logged before. Farda doing well on 1575, and presumed Radio Sawa from Kuwait on 1548 pretty good also.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Funny that this year, I've yet to get audio on Farda 1575. Last season they were an almost daily visitor, often at quite good levels. As well 1548 sometimes also came in, but not too often. Perhaps it's later in the season, and as I recall, often late in our local afternoon/early evening as well.....Walt