Paul,

I would not call it cheating, it was received with your own receiver and antenna. But I agree with you on whether I will ever find time to check the recordings.

As for playing with the settings, the only thing you would not be able to do is tweak with the antenna post recordings.

SDR recording is the closest we have come to successfully turning back time.

Regards,

Vince
Ottawa, ON

On 2016-12-01 8:03 PM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
Plus, I believe recording whole swaths of spectrum and listening back later
is cheating and not really dxing. Plus, the way I do things, it'd be 5
years before I got around to things.

Part of the fun in DXing is tweaking settings on bathe antenna and radio
and working to actually get that signal

Pau l