I have been using Jaguar on a regular basis for one + year and I would say that for deep MW file analysis, Jaguar is the best tool. I particularly like the Extended Scan feature where one can perform from wav files, an high resolution deep bandscan of split carriers over a certain period of time (witch can mean hours of files). And with gaining experience, it become easier to spot on a carrier where audio can be find, this especially under the lowest QRM. This process saves me quite some time when reviewing (juicy) files.

As for live listening, I still prefer the ease of the Perseus.exe GUI for the reasons Chuck just gave.

Sylvain

Le 2018-11-27 à 23:41, Chuck Hutton a écrit :
I think the overall consensus is that Jaguar audio is a bit better than
Perseus. Much like the old SDR-IQ had a slight advantage.

But I chose not to use Jaguar as I find the one-screen-does-all approach of the
Perseus makes filter adjustment, volume adjustment, frequency changes, fine
tunig to get an off frequency signal centered etc easy.

But I am still tempted to play with Jaguar every now and then.

Chuck

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-boun...@hard-core-dx.com> on behalf of Neil Kazaross
<neilka...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:31 PM
Cc: irca@hard-core-dx.com; nrc...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [nrc-am] Perseus and Jaguar?

For me the real question is how is audio recovery with Jaguar compared to
default, for weak splits like the TA's DU's and very rare TP's that can
make it into our Midwest?  73 KAZ

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:36 PM James Niven <jni...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

I have the Perseus SDR receiver and I have the Jaguar software, but it is
a little bit of a learning curve.
 From what I have seen with this software so far, it is great for seeing
the various carriers on each frequency, but like I mentioned I am still
learning to use the software.
Maybe others will chime in....
Thanks