Nick

My experiences have been very similar to Gary's.  I get lots of carriers but not a lot of audio.   I hear little bits of audio when you guys are reporting good audio on the same frequencies. Some of it may be a higher noise floor at my house, but that's not necessarily the whole story.

It's not just limited to TAs.  A few years ago you and Walt heard a DX test on 960 from Ontario, which was a total no-show here, so it would appear that Victoria has an advantage in that direction. On the surface, the salt water path seems to be an advantage for you.

Bruce in Seattle

That's really interesting, Gary.   I will not make any jokes about the US border protection agency, and move directly into the realm of real speculation.

Victoria city looks out over about 20-60km of salt water along the bearings for Europe and the Middle East.  I would have thought that the fact that I'm 5 km or so from the water on those bearings would negate that advantage, but perhaps there is more to learn. I think I feel an experiment coming on:  we have a park with about a 40m high cliff (a little one, I know) facing out in a TA direction...

best wishes,

Nick