(This is a follow on from the thread in the user's group but I thought that
this is now better in the developer's group. The original thread is
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ispc-users/aNrcsFZIVMo)

I have now managed to build the host version of ISPC from source. However,
I did encounter a couple of issues about which I would be grateful for some
advice:

   1. I have downloaded and built LLVM 5.0.2. It is not clear to me which
   patches from ispc/llvm_patches I should apply. I've applied
   5_0_r317463_better_permute.patch but I'm unsure whether to apply the LLVM
   3.x patches too?
   2. I am using MSVS 2017 and LLVM built successfully but I got some
   warnings:

llvmutil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall llvm::Value::dump(void)const " (?dump@Value@llvm@@QBEXXZ)
referenced in function "void __cdecl lDumpValue(class llvm::Value *,class
std::set<class llvm::Value *,struct std::less<class llvm::Value *>,class
std::allocator<class llvm::Value *> > &)"
(?lDumpValue@@YAXPAVValue@llvm@@AAV?$set@PAVValue@llvm@@U?$less@PAVValue@llvm@@@std@@V?$allocator@PAVValue@llvm@@@4@@std@@@Z)

plus similar warnings in opt.cpp. I commented out the calls to dump() in
these two files (assuming that they are mainly for debugging) and ISPC then
compiles and can successfully generate host object files.

Any advice on the issues?

Cheers,

S.