[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11376?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14040376#comment-14040376
 ] 

Vandana Ayyalasomayajula commented on HBASE-11376:
--------------------------------------------------

[~enis] you are right. I overlooked the fact that load test tool used 
HexStringSplit to generate splits for regions. I changed the ITBLL to create a 
table with pre-split tables using UniformSplit and tested it on a cluster. The 
keys are generated uniformly. I have attached a patch to the JIRA which only 
changes the table creation part. Should I be changing the title of the JIRA ?

> IntegrationTestBigLinkedList's Generator tool does not generate keys 
> belonging to all regions in a large table.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-11376
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11376
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Vandana Ayyalasomayajula
>            Assignee: Vandana Ayyalasomayajula
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: HBASE-11376_1.patch, HBASE-11376_2.patch, 
> HBASE-11376_3.patch
>
>
> When IntegrationTestBigLinkedList's generator tool is used to generate keys 
> to a large table ( 2200 regions), only some regions have keys and others are 
> empty. It would be good to generate keys to all the regions of the table. 



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Reply via email to