dsanderbi commented on issue #4193:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hop/issues/4193#issuecomment-5966860722

   No, it's not my intention to say the current solution is bad, and I'm well 
aware it wasn't
   decided on a whim. That doesn't mean there's nothing left to improve.
   
   What I'm getting at: when I set up a project with its environments and 
commit it, and
   someone else checks it out — another developer, or a production server — I 
still have
   manual work to do afterwards, because the environments don't come with it.
   
   Committing hop-config.json instead doesn't really solve it either, since 
that file also
   carries my local GUI settings, which another developer may not want.
   
   About the ~1000 environments: that was an overstatement, sorry. In most 
cases it's 3-6 per
   project. But the point stays the same — if a project's environments are 
already known
   (dev, test, prod), why should every person who checks the project out have 
to create them
   again?


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to