mattcasters commented on issue #4193:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hop/issues/4193#issuecomment-5966927021

   In the companie I work with there are the typical DTAP environments, plus 
maybe a local docker container. Once I saw 7 lifecycle environments at a bank, 
and even they thought it was excessive.
   So 7 config files that you can have with your credentials, hostnames, paths. 
   I saw a ticket from Carlos where he described a weird case with hundreds of 
environments and needed filtering etc and I was wondering if you had the same 
kind of scenario. Thanks for clarifying. 
   
   So I think it's fair to say that in 99% of the cases you need to do 
something from the viewpoint of the data engineer, also since checking in 
secrets into version control is highly frowned upon these days.
   
   So, are we thinking of something like having configuration profiles that can 
be specified for a project and automatically configured environment?


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to