janhoy commented on PR #5049:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5049#issuecomment-6070200530

   > I see you're doing hacking/surgery to bring together the modules... which 
is sad and surprises me that there's no first-class way to do this as it 
doesn't seem like an obscure need.
   
   This started as a styling PR, but then when I came to the javadocs part I 
wanted to not only style and add a header (the header is actually added through 
a standard hook to the javadoc tool), but do the dropdown switcher. Then I 
bolted on the common search index, which is simply merging the index from each 
module.
   
   I researched tooling, but none exists to do this on pre-generated Javadoc 
HTML folders. What **could** be an option though is to change the way we 
generate javadoc - we can ask it to generate for all modules in one pass, then 
we get one single javadoc folder with a unified index and all packages listed 
in the same UI for free. We'd just have to fix the styling / header. I guess it 
felt too intrusive a change for a styling PR, so I avoided it. But I'll ask 
Claude to test that.
   
   But do we want both a unified javadoc as well as all the individual ones? I 
think the javadoc-jars are already generated, we're only talking about what to 
publish here.
   
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to