From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
1T3XT info
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:30 PM
To: Post all your questions about iText here
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] populate dynamically in a textfield

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to populate the xml content value to a textfield.
>
> Can you please tell me how to do it?
>
> I am using following code,
>
>  cell = new PdfPCell(new Paragraph("Name#:" ,boldBlack));
>                       cell.setBorder(PdfPCell.NO_BORDER);
>                       table.addCell(cell);
>                       cell = new PdfPCell();
>                       cell.setBorder(PdfPCell.NO_BORDER);
>                       cell.setCellEvent(new
> FieldPositioningEvents(writer,
> inputDoc.getRootElement().getChildText("name")));
>                       cell.setColspan(1);
>                       table.addCell(cell);
>
> Is it right?

Have you tried it? Does it give the desired result?

First you tell us you have an existing PDF template; and that you want
to populate it.

We explain that your template needs to be a form.
If you have a form, you can easily fill it with setField(key, value).

Now your code gives the impression you no longer want to use an existing
PDF template, but that you want to create the template and fill it at
the same time.

This could be a requirement, but... your question sounds like this to
us: "I am hungry. This morning I had a sandwich. Tomorrow there will
probably be potatoes.
Am I eating healthy food at the moment?"
Please make your question less absurd.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA