Hi Eric,

  If you take a look at the HIDEMARK documentation or at the source code,
you will see that its default is changed to YES according to the GTK
version. So for GTK > 2.14 the default is YES.

  I checked with GTK 3.14, 3.10 and 2.24. In all systems, the checkmark is
not there. So you actually don't need to set it.

  If you are seen them, then there is a bug somewhere. Can you check your
GTK version?

  I used the test code in iup/html/examples/tests/menu.c

Best,
Scuri